Sunday, July 3, 2011

Birthdays, New Hats, and Peppers


Yesterday was Apul's (Gambrill's host grandmother) 78th birthday. So we ate shashlik (shish-kabab). It was a good evening.

Gambrill and Natasha guarding the fire.



The birthday girl- 78 years young.


Here is my most recent purchase. I bought a KZ army hat. This is the current model. I had it custom made for me for relatively cheap. I'm giving my best "general" face (with a cuban cigar).


Update on my "garden". My first jalapeƱo is coming in. That is exciting.



The basil is going strong. Won't be long now before it can be harvested.



The tomatoes though...are stunted. They did the same thing last year. I get them up to a certain height and then...nothing. They are growing- just at glacial speeds.


Yesterday was the 1 month countdown until leaving Karkaraly (must go to Almaty for paperwork, etc). The 5th is the one month mark until leaving KZ. So its getting near. No big plans for the 4th. But I hope everyone has a good 4th of July!